Facelift surgery is applied to eliminate problems such as sagging, lines and wrinkles in the face area due to sunlight, aging and similar factors.
What is Classical Facelift Surgery?
The methods used in facelift surgery may vary. These can be classified as Quick Lift, S-LIFT, endoscopic, sub-lift (standard), classical (traditional), deep plane, subperiostal, composite, SMAS, mini, MACS and full facelift.
In classical facelift surgery, an incision is made from around the earlobe to the back of the ear and to the scalp. The facial area is reached under the skin. The looseness in the chin, neck and facial areas is eliminated by removing the excess skin and stretching it. Subcutaneous fat tissue is brought to the appropriate position, the excess part is removed.
What are the Steps for a Facelift Surgery?
- Deep lines extending from the nose to the corners of the lips
- Sagging in the mid-face area
- Droopy eyelids
- Falling at the eyebrow level
- Deep lines on the forehead and lower eyelid
- Sagging on the neck
- This surgery is used to remove many deformities such as sagging jowls under the chin.
- This surgical procedure is performed to minimize the effects of aging and to make the person look younger, vigorous and healthy. The application does not only cover the skin surface. Soft tissue elements of the skin such as muscle tissue and adipose tissue are also included. For this reason, it is possible to call face lift surgery ‘3-dimensional face rejuvenation operation’. The aim is to improve the appearance by moving the textures to their former positions.
- The operation can be performed under sedation, local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia. Some people require 1-2 days of hospitalization. Sutures are removed after 1 week. The patient’s condition is monitored with regular check-ups. Recovery time varies from patient to patient. Sometimes it takes about 3-4 months for the swelling to completely disappear and for the face to return into ordinary appearance.
- During facelift surgery, brow lift, forehead lift, neck lift, eyelid surgery, fat injection and liposuction can be applied together.
Things to Consider After a Facelift Surgery
- It is recommended to walk upright for a while and not look down.
- The painkillers prescribed should be used regularly.
- Consumption of Vitamin E, alcohol and smoking should be avoided for 1 week.
- Heavy lifting, sexual activity and heavy exercise should be avoided for 2 weeks.
- You should not travel by plane or drive a car in the first week after the surgery.
- Patients should wait for any dental examination for 6 weeks.
- Care should be taken to protect from the exposure to sunlight during the first 2 months.